1. The course of scientific carrier :
- 2011-2015, Bachelor’s degree, University of Horticultural Sciences, Bagalkot, Karnataka, India. Field of study: Horticulture.
- 2015-2017, M.Sc. University of Agriculture and Horticulture Sciences, Shivamogga, Karnataka, India. Field of study: Horticulture, Specialisation: Fruit Science (Pomology). Thesis topic “Agro-technique intervention for strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch.) on vertical growing system under naturally ventilated polyhouse” , Supervisor: Dr D. Madaiah (Faculty of Horticulture, Department of Post-harvest technology, UAHS)
- From 2017 - PhD student, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Faculty of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Department of Vegetable Gardening. PhD thesis: “The spent mushroom substrate as a growing medium for strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch.)”, Supervisor: prof. dr hab. Marek Siwulski / Dr inż. Jolanta Lisiecka (Faculty of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Department of Vegetable Crops, UP).
2. Research carried out :
a. As M.Sc. thesis topic
- Agro-technique intervention for strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch.) on vertical growing system under naturally ventilated polyhouse.
3. Merits and acclods :
- Secured Best poster award in “National conference” for research paper “Standardization of planting density for strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch.) On vertical growing system” organized by University of Agriculture and Horticulture Sciences, Shivamogga, Karnataka, India.
- Awarded research assistantship under SRP from University grants
- Summer course fellow, Indo-Israel programme
- Received GOI scholarship during PG and UG programme
4. International experience :
- Attended summer school on ‘Sustainable Agricultural Solutions’ with fundamental and cutting-edge knowledge and technology as well as an integrated academic perspective related to agricultural practices for improving food and water use worldwide, particularly in view of global desertification comprising three tracks soil, irrigation management and aqua culture at Ben-Gurion University of Negev, Israel with 8 university academic credit points and 85 per cent grade.
5. Teaching experience :
- Handled a course for under graduate students “Fundamentals of Horticulture” HRT-101 with (2+1) credit hours.
6. Seminar’s presented :
- Genetic Resource Management in Major Fruit Crops
- Role of Pollinators and Pollinizers In Pollinating Niche Fruit Crops
7. Participation in conferences and workshops :
- Awareness programme on off-season litchi cultivation in south India at Central Horticultural Experimental station, Chettahalli organized by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New-Delhi
- Workshop on garcinia species in Central Horticultural Experimental station Chettahalli organized by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New-Delhi.
8. Infield experience :
a. Post-Graduation :
- As a M.Sc. research fellow working on strawberry identified many difficulties which are still dearth in literature and can considered as future line of work.
- As part of Experiential Learning in Horticulture under department of pomology involved exclusively in advanced nursery techniques and propagation of various fruit crops like mango, sapota, lime, jackfruit, custard apple etc.
- Grafting , Budding and general maintenance of nursery including monitoring of plant from infestation
- Conducted various training programmes on nursery management of fruit crops, production technology, post-harvest management and marketing in ELH course at District Agriculture Training Centre.
- Participated as college representative with department stalls comprising disseminating available technologies to farmers and marketing nursery seedlings in Agriculture Expo at University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
- Successfully under gone Rural Horticultural Work Experience Program in my 8th semester. Under this programme for entire semester worked along 10 contact farmers at village level. I was required to stay in the village along with the farmers to have a deeper insight in to the rural life and to study the problems facing in cultivation and to understand actual filed level difficulties to suggest best available technology and marketing strategies to farmers.
- Rapporteur in village level to understand and advise best available suggestion to farmers in dearth areas.
- Conducted farmers training and workshops on production technology, postharvest handling and marketing of horticulture crops during RHWE (Rural Horticultural Work Experience Program)
9. Computer skills :
- Awarded Diploma in Computer Application for securing A+ grade scoring 91 % for successful completion of courses in basics of IT, MS-Office, Tally 9.0 VAT enabled, Internet, FrontPage and Multimedia from Manipal Institute of Computer Education, Manipal
- Completed Tally and received Vocational Modular Skills Certificate under Skill Development Initiative, Govt. of Karnataka
- Well versed with MS Office, advanced internet usage and statically data analysis.
10. Other achievement :
- Selected as a leader for All India study Tour programme to lead 68 peoples in tour
- Village level leader during RHWE programme
- Team mentor for 16 subordinates during Experiential Learning in Horticulture programme
- Secure first place in memory contest event organized at college level.
- Secured second place in Debate competition conducted at college level.
- Participated in National Essay competition conducted by CPCRI, Kasaragod.
- Participated in National level events in Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Co-operative Management, Pune.
- Participated as a volunteer in National Service Scheme